- For single parent it is €1,400 net
- For two-parent family that is €1888.84 net
If you have an income higher than €1400 for a single parent or €1888.84 for a two-parent family, but you have debts, you can apply. We will look at what your income is and what you have to pay off in debts per month. You must send a list of debts with your application.
- The latest statement of your benefits from the municipality or the UWV;
- Your latest paycheck;
- Don't have the same salary every month? Then send the last 3 pay stubs;
- If your partner also has an income, you must report that as well;
- Are you a self-employed person? Then send your latest tax return and the preliminary tax assessment from the IRS.
Leergeld Parkstad tests your income once a year. We therefore ask you to send a recent benefit or salary slip once a year.
If your income is within the income limits, you are eligible for reimbursement. You can then submit an application. You must then send the latest tax return and the preliminary assessment from the Tax Office.
You can submit an application via "apply immediately" in our main navigation. You cannot submit an application by mail or phone.
No, no money will be transferred to you. Tuition money pays the bill directly to the school, an association, store or agency and never to the parent/guardian.
No, Leergeld Parkstad does not reimburse expenses that you have already paid yourself.
Our procedure is as follows.
- You submit an application. If the application is complete, we will notify you within 4 to 6 weeks. If it is not complete, we will request the missing information from you by email.
- If your application is approved, you will receive a check. You can turn this in to the relevant authority. The authority sends us an invoice. We pay the invoice directly to the institution. You will only receive a check for welfare applications such as a laptop, a bicycle, etc. If you request something for education, you will receive an e-mail.
- Applications for sports and culture are handled by Leergeld but you will get the message from Jeugdfonds- sports and culture. If the application of sports and culture are rejected, you will get the message from us.
If you are applying for the first time, you will receive a home visit. After we receive your application, we will notify you that you will receive a home visit. One of our intermediaries will make an appointment with you for this.
After receiving your application, we will assess what information we are still missing. You will be notified about this by our intermediary.
A previously granted allowance does not automatically entitle you to a subsequent allowance. If you wish to qualify for an allowance again, you can apply for it 8 weeks before a new period begins. We do ask you to send in your latest income details.
It is usually awarded for one year.
The check expires within two months after you receive it. The expiration date is printed on the check.
No, we only send checks once. Should you lose your check or leave your check too long, the check will expire. You will then have to submit a new application.
Is your child quitting an activity? Please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to info@leergeld parkstadparkstad.nl.
No, this is not possible.
As of Jan. 1, 2022, a child may practice two activities at the same time. Do you live in the municipalities of Kerkrade or Landgraaf? If so, you cannot.
If the amount of the reimbursement is not enough, you may pay extra yourself. This is not possible with a school supplies pass.
We advise you to wait for a message from Leergeld Parkstad or Jeugdfonds Sport or Culture. This will state whether we approve the application and from when your child can start the activity Does your child start earlier? Then it is at your own risk.
You may have received notice of your application for education and welfare, but not yet for sports and/or culture. If you have not received a message within 2 weeks, please contact us. We will be happy to look into it for you.
Leergeld Parkstad usually pays the bill within 3 weeks when it comes to reimbursements for Education and Welfare. Fees for culture and sports are paid by the Jeugdfonds- culture and sports Limburg.
It may happen that we reject your application. There may be several reasons for this. In the rejection letter, we provide an explanation for the rejection. If you cannot get enough information from this, please contact us.